I am in a very good mood today especially because I just found out that I passed the board exam. However, this blog will not be about that instead I will write on something I love to do when I am in a happy mood and that is to beautify myself.
I have always known that whatever you feel the moment you wake up affects your overall mood for the day. This will consequently have an effect on the things that you do, the people you deal with and generally your output for the day. Therefore, it is important that we have happy thoughts to start with to be able to share good vibes with other people as well.
That is why I am sharing Marie Claire’s beauty tips. I especially like their tips because they are not over-the-top and you can actually readily apply their advice. Some of the items they promote are also available in the Philippines. Girls, we don’t have to go out of our way, order abroad or scout online and pay ridiculous shipping fees just because we want to have that must-have-item. Take for example, the tinted moisturizer which I have been using for the past few months to replace my foundation. It is super lightweight, does not clog my pores, and has multi-tasks (moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, concealer) which is perfect for Ms. busygurl like me.
I will post the list in four parts as there are 51 items in the original list. I have to admit I removed some items (especially those about tanning) because I do not promote that and besides we Filipinas like fairer skin (that’s why glutathione’s are selling like hotcakes here).
Without further ado, here is the first ten Marie Claire beauty advice:
1. Surprise! Concealer is only half the battle when it comes to fixing flaws. To perfect your complexion (no matter what your skin tone), try lipstick in a warm pink. “It distracts people’s eyes from blemishes and other imperfections,” says makeup artist Morgan Schick.
2. Overzealous tweezing can lead to emaciated brows and bald patches, where hair only grows back irregularly. Use a protein-spiked brow gel to stimulate healthy growth and brow fillers to shade in problem areas
3. Sure, it’s chilly in your bathroom in the morning, but don’t be tempted to crank up the heat in the shower. Hot water followed by cool, dry air leads to rough skin. To lock in moisture post-shower, pat – don’t rub – yourself dry, and coat skin in a thick alpha-hydroxy lotion.
4. For flawless skin choose a cleanser and moisturizer appropriate for your skin type that you can use A.M. and P.M., and then supplement it weekly with a purifying face mask. You should also consider using a nightly skin treatment that exfoliates dead skin cells
5. Trying to look well-rested when you aren’t? Avoid piling on the foundation. Use a tinted moisturizer instead, followed by a beige eye pencil – it counteracts any redness around your eyes
6. Large pores are caused by two things: genetics and age. Want to shrink them? Go to a dermatologist or a spa to get microdermabrasion treatments, a type of facial that gently sloughs off the dead surface layer of skin.
7. To accentuate your upper lashline without creating overly spidery fringe, apply a strip of false lashes meant for your lower lashes from corner to corner. They’re shorter than traditional falsies, so they’ll thicken your lashline without elongating it too much.
8. Keep your eyes open when applying liquid liner – otherwise your line will look uneven. Apply by drawing three dashes, one on the corner, one in the middle, and one on the inside corner of your eye. Then go back and connect the dashes for a smooth line
9. For full lips go for a glossy look. Try first outlining the perimeter of your lips using a concealer brush dipped in bronzer two shades deeper than your skin tone. Then, top pout with gold, peach, or coral gloss.
10. “To make the waist look narrower, use a white pencil liner to dot an egg shape on each side, starting below the rib cage. Fill in just this area with a self-tanner one shade darker than your natural skin and blend,” says Cindy Barshop, owner of Completely Bare spas.
Watch out for more!!!